On May 19th, 2022 the Cottleville Fire Protection District was able to use an old home slated for demolition for training exercises in Rolwes Company’s Kreder Farms development.
“Having an actual house makes the training more realistic” says Battalion Chief Peters. By working with an actual home, the “fire crews were able to perform hose advancement drills, forceable entry drills, and ventilation operations.”
Greg Rolwes, President, states “the experience and practice in a controlled environment provides our fire protection the knowledge and training they need to respond and keep homeowners safe. We are happy to coordinate the training with the Cottleville Fire Protection District.”
In addition to providing training to local fire districts, Rolwes Company advises the follow ways to prepare for a home fire:
- Install hard-wired smoke alarms with battery backup on every level of the home, outside each sleeping area, and in each bedroom.
- Test your smoke alarms once a month and replace batteries annually.
- Establish and practice two escape routes from every room with all family members.
- Identify a safe meeting spot outside of your home for all family members to gather in case of a fire.
- Make sure everyone knows how to call 9-1-1 and knows how to STOP, DROP, and ROLL.
About Kreder Farms
Located in St. Charles, MO Kreder Farms provides quick access to Highway 70 and Highway 364. The commute to St. Louis downtown St. Charles is easy and residents will live within within the award-winning Francis Howell School District.
Kreder Farms by Rolwes Company is set to open for sales in September 2022 and will feature homes from our Estate, Classic, and Lifestyle series with many of the homesites bordering common ground and tree lines.
To learn more about Kreder Farms, click here and sign up for our VIP list.
Categorized in: Uncategorized
This post was written by Rolwes Co